Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Whose Cervix is THAT???

Today has been a busy day for me.

Started my second 3 hour GTT at 6:30am.... much better test when the staff comes to you and you can just continue whatever you were doing.

Perinatologist rounds.

OB rounds.

IV infiltrated. I kept telling the nurses that it wasn't going to last much longer but I think they thought I am just a big whiner. Sure enough.... pop... and then my arm started swelling up. So the OB just said to take it out! Yay! Now I'm on all oral meds. Still two antibiotics and Motrin.

Then I went for an unexpected TVU/S. I get them every Wednesday in the hospital, I am told.

Anyway..... drumroll, please.....
My cervical length has doubled since Monday!!!!

So it went from 0.6-0.8cm Monday to 1.7cm today! I was crying like, well, a little baby. Scared the nurses when I got back. Scared my MIL who was waiting in my room when I returned from the u/s. How amazing is that? The MFM guy said that apparently I am/was having lots of contractions and that is what has been shortening my cervix. I apparently only feel a few of them. I'm anxious to hear what my regular MFM guy has to say about it.

Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts and fingers crossed! You have helped more than you know!!! OMG, I'm so happy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I am so excited! What a miracle! I will keep praying you make it to 32 weeks and beyond!