Saturday, November 04, 2006

A special day

Today is the first anniversary of the happiest day of my life... the day Margaret came home from the NICU. Upon release she was 41/4 weeks gestation and weighed a whopping 8 pounds and 15 ounces... looking back at her pictures, she looked down right chubby!!! As soon as we got her to the house, she and her Daddy took a nap while I stared at them both nervously. I couldn't believe that we were home.

Here is the email I sent to our family and friends that day:


Today has been a Big Day for us... full of firsts and lasts for our sweet Margaret.

-it was the last time Margaret would wake up in the hospital

-it was the last time Margaret was weighed on the hospital scale
-it was the last time to hear her monitor alarms


-it was the first time I have seen Margaret with no wires, no tubes
-it was the first time that Margaret has been outside
-it was Margaret's first car ride
-it was Margaret's first nap at home

It has been a wonderful, busy, very tiring day. It is so good to have her home. There are no words to describe.

Tomorrow is a big first for me, too. It will be the first day in 131 days that I won't be at the hospital.


Thank you all for your love and continuous support. I can't believe this day has finally come!

Love,
Lisa




There are still no words to describe that feeling. Of being a family at home... finally.









1 comment:

~k~ said...

I love your post today. Hugs!