Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Happy Birthday, William Hughes!

Hi everybody! (this is copy and pasted all over the internet!)

My sweet boy, William Hughes was born this afternoon at 1:36pm. He was 28w5d gestation. I was able to have him vaginally (thank goodness!) and I did finally relent to the epidural.

William is a very large baby at 3 pounds 7 ounces and 17.25 inches. Yes, you read that right- 17.25 inches. I seriously doubted the measurement but it is right. Tall like his Daddy. His apgars were 7 and 9.

When he was born, William screamed his little head off. By that I mean he screamed in the delivery room. And then he screamed so loudly in the resuscitation room (he didn't require resus), that I could hear him through the closed door! The nurses all said that they had a hard time giving him surfactant because he was fighting so hard. Very fiesty. I love that.

They did have to intubate him but the neo commented that she doesn't expect him to need it long. For a while they didn't think he would need it at all. His vent settings are currently 25% O2 but I can't remember the rate. They don't expect for him to need his belly lines for very long either.... and then I can hold him!!!

I am doing fine since I could deliver vaginally and did not have an episiotomy (just a very small tear). I am just tired and wish I could get into the isolette with baby Willam for a nice cuddle nap.

I will get pics up as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your support and prayers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Lisa! I cant wait to see a picture of your new little peanut:-)

Jessica

Anonymous said...

I couldn't be happier or prouder of you Lisa! Take some care of yourself and give your boy a touch on his head from us :)

Happy Birthday William! You've got some wonderful parents (and an awesome big sister!!!!!!)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Lisa!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Happy Birthday William!

Reg said...

That's the greatest news. Congrats!!
Can't wait to see the little guy.
Take care..