Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Not Good

My peri appointment was rather disappointing and scary. He called my cervix shortened and recommended bedrest. My length now is 2.6 and my funneling has increased. He said at 24 weeks they will likely send me to the hospital for Celestone injections but will not put me on hospital bedrest until I get to 1.0.

He said his goal for this baby is 30 weeks. I'm so sad. I never wanted to see the inside of that NICU again.

My next appointment is in two weeks. This is going to be a long two weeks.

4 comments:

tiffany said...

Oh Lisa I am so sorry. I will email you offline.

Amanda said...

I am so sorry! I am hoping and praying this baby continues to bake in spite of what the odds look like!

Kellie said...

I'm praying for you right now Lisa. I know this is not the news you wanted to get today at the peri. Keep thinking positive thoughts and let DH wait on you.

~k~ said...

Oh Lisa- I'm sorry to hear. Please take the BR to heart. My OB didn't think I'd make it past 23-24w but I was fastidious about the bedrest and made it a few weeks longer! I hope you'll do it too!