Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Arrangements that I Hate

Yesterday and today I have been making arrangements to have all the things I normally do be done by someone else.

We found a daycare for Margaret. I hate that I can't go visit. I may anyway. It was recommended by one of Margaret's therapist and I really liked the director when I spoke with her on the phone. Apparently, they take a lot of former preemies and are well versed with PT, OT, feeding problems etc. I really like that.

Next is to find someone to come in a do a little cleaning each week. We don't need much. Just a load or two of laundry, vacuuming, mopping, bathrooms, dusting every so often. I am blessed with a husband who likes to vacuum, cook, and do laundry. It will certainly be nice when I can do these things again, though.

I really miss cooking. I want my Thai coconut chicken so badly but no one makes it like me except one little hole in the wall place in San Luis Obispo, Cali. And I think takeout from there would be outside of our budget. I might try take out from our local place just to tide me over.

David brought home a pumpkin from the grocery store the other night and as soon as he showed it to Margaret, she squealed with absolute delight.

Of course, she first had to test it with her feet (example of hypersensitivity of her hands):
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And then she could play with her hands!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Bedrest must be tough, but it will all be worth it in the end. Margaret looks so cute with her pumpkins! Hang in there!