Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Happy Mardi Gras


Had a wonderful weekend! Did we do anything Mardi Gras related? Nope.

My Mom, brother, and sister-in-law were in town for a visit. Sunday my family took care of the children giving David and me a break. He and I went to a hotel, ate chili dogs for lunch, took a nap, spent some time in the whirlpool, took showers, and then another nap. It was the best gift I've ever been given, hands down. What a great day it was!

Of course, as soon as we got back to the house and my family left, it was bedlam again. Margaret would NOT go to bed and ended up staying up til almost midnight. And William started screaming even though he had been an angel all day. Figures.

Margaret has started standing and she thinks it is big fun. She would be much more successfull if she didn't wave her arms around and clap instead of using them to attempt to balance. But it is so cute, I can hardly bear it.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That picture is so adorable! Isn't it amazing how big they get? I have a picture of Arianna in her highchair when she was barely 3 months (corrected) and we took a picture of her just last week with a 'green bean beard' and I just couldn't believe the difference, it didn't even look like the same little girl... I almost wanna say, "Hey, gimme my baby back!"

But as someone once said..."as a preemie they're already babies for so long, eventually you have to let them grow up"...

Sigh...

Amanda said...

I love that picture! I am also so glad you got out with your husband, those times are always needed!