Sunday, July 02, 2006


I went to my ultrasound on Friday and found out that according to their measurements, I am 7w1d along. This puts my due date on Feb 15, 2007. BUT I have good reason to believe that this date is off by a week, so I am considering my due date Feb 8 until I have another ultrasound where they do more measurements (the tech only did one).

My cervix was long and closed and the baby's heartrate was 169! High, just like a the wives tales say a girl's is supposed to be.

Tomorrow I start making the big push to see a perinatologist. If my OB does not cooperate, I will find a new OB. A person I met online who has a similar history to mine is already on modified bedrest until they can place her cerclage. This is all through her OB. I don't think I need to go to that extreme yet, but I do feel like this pregnancy should be treated as high risk. Not just "wait and see" as my OB put it.

Morning (all day) sickness is kicking me. It is so much harder with a little one to take care of. I can't just go writhe in bed like I want to. Thank goodness I have such a wonderful husband who has been cooking and taking Margaret when I need him to... I don't know what I'd do without him.

No comments: