Saturday, July 15, 2006

A big week

Sorry it has been so long since my last update but I have had a very eventful, stressful, fun, and busy week.

First, my Mom has been visiting for the week to help out. It was wonderful having her here! We live WAY too far apart. Being a Mommy makes you really need your own Mommy, doesn't it? I cried this morning when I woke up and she wasn't here. And poor Margaret cried because I was crying.

Second, my birthday was on Tuesday and I enjoyed being with Mom during the day and getting to go eat with David that night. We had sushi and it was so yummy! Of course, I'm steering clear of the raw stuff but it was still so good.

Also, I really started to show early this week. So I had to tell my major professor. And she canned me. It was a tough pill to swallow but I am feeling better now. Even though my now ex-boss thinks I am going to withdraw from school, this isn't really the plan. My husband let me know that there are a couple of other professors who are interested in having me in their labs. One in particular who had this exact same thing happen to her when she was in grad school. I plan to talk to her when she gets back from her vacation. ... I'll let you know...

Also, since my firing, David has been looking into new jobs. We went out to eat with a group who has been courting him for a while. They seem nice. In many ways I like them better than most of his current academia co-workers. The drawback is that David will have to travel with the job. I'm not so sure how much he will like being away from his baby. (Although, I guess we will be able to go with him some if we want to.) There is another job that requires no travel but we don't know if it is a pay raise worth leaving his current job for. We will know on Monday, I think.

Margaret is doing well and loves, loves, loves Grandma. I can tell she is missing her today. Isn't everybody?

No comments: