Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Mortified

Yesterday, Margaret had an unscheduled trip to the pediatrician. She had a pussy (is that right?!?!? LOL) inflamed area on her left heel that I wanted the doc to check out. The doctor lanced it and is going to do cultures. In the meantime, it is being treated as a staph infection. Yuck.

And unfortunately, the antibiotic that Margaret has been given is a sulfa. We have been avoiding those since her Daddy is allergic to them and that allergy is known to be inherited. I just gave her a dose and I am watching her like a hawk! I even got dressed and completely ready to leave the house before I gave it to her... just in case. I'm a bundle of nerves.

Also while at the Pediatrician's office yesterday, I asked about RSV season. Yes, it has already started here. So I got the ball rolling to attempt to get Margaret approved for another year of Synagis shots. I'm not sure we will qualify since she has been so healthy but I have to try.

Then when we were leaving the office, a small child ran up to us, grabbed Margaret's hand and put it in her (the child's) mouth. I just stood there in shock. Now I'm super paranoid. This was easily more traumatic than all the holding down and lancing that went on in the doctor's office. That's a preemie Mom reaction for you.

No comments: