Thursday, August 03, 2006

Catching up!

This morning we took Margaret for her 1 year well baby checkup. And, my, she has grown! It is incredible how much change there has been in the past 3 months! The first thing the doctor said when she walked into the room was "we've gotten tall and skinny! All baby fat is gone!" (as if there really ever was any) But I agree Margaret looks like a little kid now, not a baby.

Her nude weight was 18 pounds 10 ounces (!!!). I nearly fell over. She has been stuck at 16.5 - 17 pounds for so long, I thought for sure she was a max of 17.5! As a matter of fact, the last time we took her to the doc, about a month ago, she was 17 pounds 4 ounces fully dressed. She is now on her actual age chart at about 18%!

Her head seems to have caught up and is remaining at about 50% for her actual age.

But her height is now an amazing 75% for her actual age. She was just shy of 30"! So now it is official, she is very tall! I went to check her according to her adjusted age chart, she is well above 95%. My tall baby. I guess she takes after her Mommy.

My Mom told me that at one year, I was 33 inches! When I charted that on the growth chart, no kidding, it is half an inch above the 95% line. So, I guess Margaret is like me in some ways!

Margaret did have to get a couple of shots at the doctor but I was smart enough to bring her blankie this time. She was much easier to console after she was given the blankie. Poor thing, I thought she was going to go to sleep cuddling it on my shoulder... She took a short nap when we got home then drank a bottle. Now she is sitting next to me on the sofa and seems to be just fine.

A big day. And we are looking forward to a visit from Grandie and Granddaddy this weekend. (Maybe I can get a nap- HA!)

No comments: