Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Man of the Year


I am so lucky to have married a man as wonderful as my husband. I know that in this blog, he gets passing mentions but in our life he is the rock. He is the one who calms me when I can't take another minute of William's screaming. He is the one who comforts Margaret when she wakes in the middle of the night. He is the one who is eternally optimistic about our lives and our children. He listens to my deepest darkest feelings and secrets and doesn't think I'm a bad person. He is Daddy.

Daddy changes diapers, feeds babies (even really hard to feed babies), does laundry and vacuums, kisses away tears, is the best play buddy, and takes care of Mommy. He knows all the medications and proper dosages. He knows how to mix 22 calorie breastmilk and how to judge if nipple flow is correct.

People think I am a strong person, a good Mommy. And I do my best. But the truth is that my best wouldn't be half as good if I didn't have my husband's love and support.

There are no words to express how deeply grateful I am to have you as my partner in this not-so-easy life, David. A lesser man would have crumbled. I love you so much.

Happy Birthday, Daddy.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I love that picture of him and Margaret! Happy Birthday to Margaret and William's daddy!

Shannon said...

Wow, he does sound like a wonderful man! And you are very lucky to have someone like that and such a great father for your kids!

I am new to your blog...have had a great time reading your posts...

tiffany said...

You have me in tears...again!

~k~ said...

Happy Birthday Daddy! I hope all of your dreams come true!

Anonymous said...

Aww...I think it's Happy Belated now to him now! This had me in tears also..What a great daddy! And what a nice tribute to him, Lisa!!