Sunday, June 03, 2007

Fisher Price School Bus


In an attempt to keep Margaret from digging up the houseplants and eating the catfood here at Mom's, I set out yesterday to buy her a new toy. Initially, I had planned to purchase the FP Sweet Sounds Home because it has a Mommy, Daddy, and baby included. She has been very interested in all things baby lately. But when I went to the store, they had none! I poured over the toy isles and finally settled on the FP School Bus, patially due to the many pictures I have seen of Eden and Holland enjoying theirs'.

I expected Margaret to enjoy the bus as she does all the Little People things I have gotten her. What I did not expect was that the bus comes with a wheelchair! I was so excited when I extracted it from the box... (why does it take near-surgery to remove kid's toys from their boxes???)

We are now going on 18 hours mischief-free, so the bus is a hit. She has enjoyed pushing it around and adding riders from her other toys. Right now it is filled with a selection of plastic bugs (Dollar Tree). One of her favorites, a huge black spider is riding proudly in the wheelchair. This makes me so happy. It really is the little things that can be so important, isn't it?

5 comments:

Jacqui said...

Wow. The fisher price bus is apparently a therapists must as all the therapists we see have one. But I've never seen one with a wheelchair. Maybe this is a new addition. But terribly exciting.

It's always the small things that give the biggest thrill.

Jessica said...

Lisa~
Glad to hear Margaret likes her school bus. My kids have liked it too, and it even has the handicapped access in the back! Very cool.

Angela said...

I noticed the wheelchair on that bus in the store one day. I had tears -- I regret not buying it then, but since you've reminded me of it I may have to hit Wal-Mart this weekend! I am so happy Margaret loves her new toy!!!

Lathan, Lauren, Logan, London said...

What a cute toy!

Anonymous said...

Shopping the cheap battery,you can see from here.